Friday, July 4, 2008

My motto so to speak...

I do not know how long I'll live
But while I live,
let me give
Some comfort to someone in need
By smile or nod, kind word or deed.
And let me do whatever I can
To ease things for my fellow man.
I want naught
but to do my part
To lift a tired or weary heart.
To change folks' frowns to smiles again.
Then I will not have lived
in vain
And I'll not care how long I'll live
If I can give ... and give ... and give.
- B.J.Morbitzer
 
These are first lines that meet my eyes as I get up from bed every morning. I wrote this piece out on a rough cardboard piece and hung it just at the foot of my bed, ages ago, not realising that it would hold any meaning lest than of a well rhymed meaningful poem. 
But consequently in the last few years this poem was a source of immense inspiration. Now the letters are all but faded, peering closely at it you can only discern the deep gouges left by my pen long ago. But the letters, I remember them clearly. And the meaning is forever struck on my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you say something...