Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Of oranges, and tsunami's

No, I'm not trying out Mendis's 'carrom-ball'. I'm thinking why such an advanced science like Medicine has cures for diseases like diabetes, hypertension, heart disease and even cancer but has no cure or remedy for something as simple but prevalent as the common cold! I wonder if the same kind of research into developing a cure for AIDS has gone into formulating something for the ‘cold’. Of course unlike the former you don’t die from it, you’re just tortured alive.

I’m suffering from a horrible cold, and having sneezes that rival the tsunami. It has nothing whatsoever to do with my immunity, my neutrophils are in top shape. The only medicine worth using really is mom’s coriander and the daily dose of Vit C, which I get from the above oranges. All the cucuits of my brain are clogged so next to nothing computes.

If someone knows where to get nasal removal surgery, please let me know. Pronto. In fact as quick as a sneeze.

3 comments:

  1. Totally agree... the same thought incessantly ugs me everytime I sneeze like crazy and my nose starts dripping like a tap! I guess that there are so many culprits for the common cold, there's no point for drug companies to work on a cure. Till then it's hot drinks, vit C and steam for you me and the rest of the long suffering world.

    BTW, I really like your "philadelphian" nick and what it stands for - a cool attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Angel" nick sounds and suits you better. Of course nightingale must've been taken?? (Wink)
    Love your posts!!

    ReplyDelete

Now you say something...